Patrick OllierPresident of the Metropolis of Greater Paris
BIOGRAPHY OF THE PRESIDENT OF THE
MÉTROPOLE DU GRAND PARIS
- President of the Métropole du Grand Paris since 22 January 2016.
- Mayor (Les Républicains) of Rueil-Malmaison (Hauts-de-Seine) (re-elected in 2020).
- Member of the political bureau “Les Républicains”.
- Former Minister attached to the Prime Minister, in charge of Relations with Parliament (2010-2012).
- Former President of the National Assembly (2007).
- Former Chairman of the Economic Affairs Committee of the National Assembly (2002-2010)
- Former Member of Parliament (RPR) for Hautes-Alpes (2nd district: Briançon) (1988/2002). Former mayor (RPR) of La Salle-les-Alpes (Hautes-Alpes) (1989/2001). Former General Councillor (RPR) of the Hautes-Alpes, canton of Monêtier-les-Bains (1992/2001).
- Former Member of Parliament (UMP) for Hauts-de-Seine (7th district: Rueil-Malmaison) (2002/2017).
- Former Director of the Institut d’Etudes Politiques d’Aix-en-Provence.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in economics. Graduate in Sociology. Alumnus of the Institut d’Etudes Politiques de Paris
Decorations: Knight of the National Order of Merit and Agricultural Merit. Bronze Medal for Youth and Sports
Distinction: “Marianne d’or” (2002) (“1st Deputy Mayor”)
Work: “Gaullism: Elements of an Anti-Doctrine”